Thank you for considering making a gift to Camp Arcadia.
We have listed below a few pieces of equipment and buildings that are on our “wish list” because we think they would help enhance Camp.
• PFDs - $30
• Plastic Adirondack chairs for staff (10 needed) - $40 each
• Residential Life kits (8 needed) - $50 each
• Wooden canoe paddles (10 needed) - $75 each
• Spice kit for Trips - $100
• Floating basketball hoop - $150
• Camping Dry Box for Canoe Trips - $150 - 200
• Safety walkie talkies - $200 each
• Landscaping for rain gardens (2 needed) - $300 each
• A/V system for outdoor movies and dances - $300
• Refrigerator for Campcraft - $300
• Professional blender - $350
• Counselor beds and mattresses (6 needed) - $500 per set
• Electric potter's wheel - $500
• Photocopier/Printer - $1,000
• Dewalt power tool kit - $1,000
• Paddleboard - $1,000 each
• 2023 staff support/treats/surprises - $1000
• Tandem kayak - $1,000
• Camera with a telephoto lens - $1,500
• Re-canvas red canoes - $2,000 each
• RowsUp (inflatable shell for rowing) - $2,300
• Weatherproof ping pong table - $5,000
• Erosion control - $10,000
• Tennis Courts donation
• Wellness Center donation
Direct cash donations are always accepted as well.
Red Canoe Society: Anyone who donates for three or more consecutive years will become a member. Consistency matters!
Juliette Meylan Henderson Society: Anyone who donates monthly — in any amount — for 12 months or more will become a member. Ten dollars a month is $120 in a year. Fifty dollars a month is $600 in a year. What a difference consistency makes!
As you go through closets and cupboards please consider donating:
Costumes or evening attire you no longer will be wearing (think costume closet in Drama)
Anything that could be used as a prop in an Introduction Skit, Play, etc. (e.g., briefcase, top hat, boa, etc.)
Books (appropriate for ages 7-17) for our self-serve Library
Gently used Arcadia uniforms
Adult-size flannels, warm hats, hoodies, raincoats, and rain boots (for our international Staff)
Please mail physical items to:
Camp Arcadia, Inc.
1578 State Route 121
Otisfield, Maine 04270
Att: Louise Johnson
Finally, if you have ideas or questions about others ways you can support Camp Arcadia, we would be interested in hearing from you.
Thank you again for your help and support.
Louise Fritts Johnson
Gifts to Camp Arcadia, Inc are not tax deductible.
“I had a wonderful time at Camp, and I hope that I will be able to help out again in this fashion in the future! It was such a pleasure working in the Canoeing Department and being with all the docklanders and paddlers. ”
— Camp Arcadia alumn and Canoeing Counselor
- Arcadia’s needs are joined with an individual's interests and talents. There are many combinations of ways to contribute as an Ambassador. An Ambassador is provided with lodging and meals. The amount of time you give varies from a few days to a couple of weeks.